Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Our First Earthquake

Yesterday, I was working on my Institute (Bible Study) lesson at the desk at home, when I noticed the chair start to wobble.   The chair is not very good and little wooden braces were added some time ago to make it stronger.  I got up, checked the chair, sat back down.  It was still wobbling.  I got back up went to the window, didn't see anything.  So I stopped working on my lesson, got out my screwdriver and tighten all the screws on the braces of the chair, then sat down again and there was no wobbling - I fixed the problem.  Angela came home from the office about 30 minutes later and asked me if I felt the earthquake.  From the news we learned that a 7.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in Iran close to the Pakistan border and was felt all the way here in New Delhi.  Next time I'll know it's not the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment